Thinkin '
I will get a challenge, which I never do on this blog, my new challenge is to become black for the month of November. There are 23 days left in which I would guess I'll have to average 2000 hands daily to reach that level. Not interasante, nor extremely difficult, but that I get a challenge on the blog that was about time. No, I'm not going to torture with a daily entry to the PPF's that have generated alone.
Lately I've been thinking about the possibility of making more min-raises post-flop bluff. I always raise x 3, or in some cases 2.5, because that's what everybody does in the forums but did not quite understand why he did, until I got to thinking a bit. With large stacks as you have to do to generate good raises big pots with hands with great value to the showdown, which is re-raise the same amount with the headlights not to become exploitable. But against players midstack and 3 / 5 of the stack, reraising x 2 one continuation bet and be matched and involves building a boat so big that the opponent is just committed on the turn / river if you decide to match, so that by 2 or reraise 3 is rather indifferent, or so it seems.
The problem are the odds that we give to the opponent. A player who wants to commit with top pair or pair will pull free before our bluff, it does not matter whether we raise x2 or x3. but if you have a draw, a re-raise a bet x2 1 / 2 gives the opponent pot odds to call with just a draw to 8 outs without the implied-that is, giving you waaaay odds: in Then there is a difference between making or x3.Si raise x2 has top pair, 2 pair or any other draw to 2x or 3x is very similar in terms of odds and commitement. The advantage is that by x2 raises the cost of pure bluff is much lower.
actually cheaper draws both straights and flushes is not a good idea, and re-raise by a 2 set is a Fisher if there is any draw on the board (or if the stacks are too large and need a larger raise to force the opponent to play for stacks if you call): it does not seem to be feasible to do bluff (should reupload the same amount in both cases). Perhaps very very dry boards can raise such a line, re-raise for less money to optimize cold bluffs. On the other side an advantage that we must not dismiss a possible raise the value of x2 is slow play: you can keep your hands to be thrown to a raise x3, 5 outs looking completely dead against our monster. But what is gained by holding hands like top pair when we have set is lost when going to bluff, so it really is something that turns against us, because a tag bluff more hands than with a monster bet at least As for playing in low stakes, perhaps in micro-stakes Therefore it is impossible to bluff profitably.
In short, my conclusion is that I will not begin to get raises min post flop to bluff, even if you do calculations and you will see that the advantage provided reraise least in cases where that does not leave the lamp looks very tasty, while the change in size does not affect much to raise our equity fold: it would have to see what top pair type hands and put up a raise 2pair x2 and x3 throw a raise, if the same or very similar, raise x2 sooo superior in terms of non showdown winnings, but the value we give away with made hands, with which we are going to play for stacks, in contrast with our lanterns, perhaps even too invoice. In any case is not bad occasionally ask why certain plays seem horrible, like, or minraises minbets are so bad, or even may discover that there are actually spots where they are not.
By the way, if you have not read the forums, the forums are circulating this article StoxPoker Leatherass and TheBryce on 4bet ranges is simply brilliant (http://www.stoxpoker.com/forums / showthread.php? t = 16166 Make copy paste to the browser, the hyperlink is not going on blogger now, I do not know why). If you give us permission, I will make a translation.
Greetings to everyone!
pd: the all powerful protection clergy has begun to bear fruit, and John Paul and Benedict on my part (if not understand anything confirms previous post) I have two days in a positive, several boxes above. It is not the variance, no, is the intercession of the Most High and the Great Power. If I were Brokenman or change my room Alcaudon. And Boltrok Lau and can also be proposing a change to Pacific, because with these new weapons in my arsenal NL200 pelarles in a matter of weeks ... :-P
0 comments:
Post a Comment